Chrome OS Flex is a new operating system that is intended to be light and useful for basic web browsing and functions.It uses few resources on your hard disc and may run on slow or old PCs because it is primarily focused on cloud integration.in this article you will learn how to Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware on Windows 11 with Ease ways.
Chrome OS Flex
Chrome OS Flex is a fast. Mac and PC operating systems that are secure, cloud.first, and user.friendly.Its goal is to improve the functionality of old devices in order to provide more effective teaching and learning.Chrome OS Flex is the successor to Neverware’s CloudReady operating system, allowing Chrome OS to run on almost any old Mac or PC.CloudReady and Chrome OS Flex, like regular Chrome OS, are based on Chromium OS,Google’s open,source desktop operating system.
Chrome OS Flex can do nearly everything that Chrome OS does.You can browse the web using the Chrome browser, which is lightweight and secure.Despite the lack of native apps, you can still use all of your favourite web apps, such as Gmail, Google Drive, Microsoft Office Online, and a plethora of other fantastic productivity tools.
The Differences Between Chrome OS Flex and Chrome OS
Chrome OS is only available on Chromebooks, but Chrome OS Flex can be downloaded and installed on any Windows or macOS computer.
- Some shortcuts may not work because Chrome OS Flex is installed on devices that do not have the same layout as Chrome OS devices.
- Chrome OS devices handle updates directly, whereas original equipment manufacturers handle Chrome OS Flex updates.
- Chrome OS devices include a Google security chip, which aids in system security.
- Chrome OS Flex devices, on the other hand, do not because the OS is only available on third-party platforms.
- One of the most obvious differences and disadvantages of Chrome OS Flex is that it does not support Android applications or Google Play.
Steps to Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware on Windows 11
- Enable virtualization on your Windows PC.
- Download and install Workstation Pro/Player on your PC.
- Download the Chrome OS Flex VMWare OVA File.
- Install Chrome OS on VMware.
Step 1. Enable virtualization on your Windows PC
Modern CPUs include hardware virtualization capabilities that aid in the acceleration of virtual machines generated by VMware Workstation.However, it is not enabled on all PCs.If you want Chrome OS Flex to work properly, you must check and enable virtualization if it isn’t already.Otherwise, the error message “Can’t open a virtual machine session” will appear.
Step 2. Download and install Workstation Pro/Player
Install VMware Workstation Pro or Workstation Player before installing Chrome OS Flex on your Windows 10 or 11 computer.Today, virtualization software like VMware Workstation Pro or Workstation Player is widely used.It enables professional system administrators or power users to run multiple virtual machines on a single physical computer at the same time.
Step 3. Download Chrome OS Flex VMWare OVA File
Next, you need to download the CloudReady 10 Virtual Image for VMware from its official website. Click on the following link to get it:
Step 4. Install Chrome OS Flex on VMware
- To begin, use an Ethernet cable or a wireless network to connect your Windows PC to the internet.
- Then, in the Start Menu, search for VMware Workstation.
- Select “Open a Virtual Machine” to import the Chrome OS Flex OVA file.
- choose the downloaded Chrome Flex OVA File and click on the “Open” button.
- you need to provide a name and local storage path for the Chrome OS Flex virtual machine, then click “Import” to continue.
- This will import Chrome OS Flex on VMware. Wait for it to complete.
- Now, click on the “Power on this virtual machine” link to launch the operating system.
- The Chrome OS Flex welcome page will appear. Click “Let’s go” to continue.
- The following screen will prompt you to connect to the internet. It will be displayed as Ethernet by default. Click the “Next” button.
- If you want to send data to enhance the operating system, click the box for “Send metric to help improve CloudReady” and click “Continue.”
- Now, sign in to your Chromebook on the following screen using your Google account credentials.
- After signing in, you will get the final screen that says “All Set.” You can start using your Chrome device. To continue, click the “Get Started” button.
- here, you may use the operating system to perform whatever you want.
These are the steps for installing Chrome OS Flex on VMware on Windows 11.on VMware Workstation.This is a simple and quick procedure if you use the correct Chrome OS Flex disc image file.It is critical to understand that Chrome OS Flex is not the same as Chrome OS.For starters, Chrome OS Flex does not support Android applications, but it does support Linux programmes and commands.Let us know what you think of Chrome OS Flex and whether you plan to install it on any of your older desktops or laptops in the comments.