Desktop is playing a vital role in our computer whether it’s Mac or a PC. For instance, we place our important files and documents right to the desktop to easily access them. So, if you want to have a clear desktop on your Mac then you will learn here how to Hide Desktop Icons on macOS Big Sur.
- How to Hide Desktop Icons on Mac
- Option 1. Hide Icons using Terminal Commands
- Option 2. Hide Desktop Icons on macOS Big Sur with a Single Click
- Option 3. How to Remove Icons from Desktop Mac Finder
- Why Is It Essential to Hide Your Mac’s Desktop Icons?
How to Hide Desktop Icons on Mac
There are numerous approaches to conceal the work area symbols on macOS Big Sur. You can either the Terminal orders or always utilizing outsider applications. In the interim, here we will show you 3 distinct approaches to clear the work area on Mac.
Option 1. Hide Icons using Terminal Commands
The first and simple advance to conceal the work area symbols on Mac running on macOS Big Sur or prior forms is to utilize the Terminal. You’re as of now mindful that Terminal is one of your Mac’s most remarkable applications. In actuality, Terminal orders can be utilized to screen any piece of your Mac.and you will Hide Desktop Icons on macOS Big Sur.
Note: Remember that the ‘F’ in ‘Locater’ should be promoted; something else, the terminal would just say that no coordinating with measures were identified.
- Open the Spotlight and then search for Terminal.
- Now, type the following command and press enter:
defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop false
- After that, use the following command in the Terminal to restart Finder:
Once you’re done, the desktop icon will be hidden. However, if you want to unhide the desktop icons then follow the below commands:
- Type the following command and press enter:
defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop true
- Restart Finder with the following command:
Option 2. Hide Desktop Icons on macOS Big Sur with a Single Click
Performing the above-mentioned commands isn’t a daunting task but if you regularly hide the desktop icons then we recommend using a third-party app called “HiddenMe.”
HiddenMe is a simple application that allows you to cover something on your Mac’s computer using a keyboard shortcut or a mouse click. It cannot, however, remove current wallpaper, which may be useful in certain cases.
- Navigate to the Mac App Store and install the HiddenMe application.
- Open the HiddenMe app.
- Now, click the HiddenMe icon on the menu bar and select Hide Desktop Icons.
To unhide desktop icons later, you can simply click on the HiddenMe icon in the menu bar, and click on Show Desktop Icons.
Option 3. How to Remove Icons from Desktop Mac Finder
You may likewise utilize Finder inclinations to conceal work area symbols on the off chance that you would prefer not to get off course of Terminal and need a simpler methodology. This won’t shroud all symbols; just those that are related with outside PCs and show up naturally will be covered up: hard drives, outer circles, CDs, DVDs, iPods, and associated workers.
• Click Finder on the top right-hand corner and select Preferences.
- On the General tab, uncheck all the boxes and you are done.
Why Is It Essential to Hide Your Mac’s Desktop Icons?
You can have to eliminate a symbol from your Mac’s screen for a brief timeframe. You might be preparing to give a show or simply need to snap a photo without being upset. In all cases, moving symbols into different organizers would take just excessively long. Particularly since you realize how to effectively cover symbols on a Mac.
These were the three techniques to shroud the work area symbols on macOS Big Sur. Notwithstanding, the previously mentioned steps additionally apply to the macOS Catalina or prior variants.