How do I get the Recycle Bin back in Windows 11? If the Recycle Bin icon is actually losing from Windows 11 for any reason, you can restore it by following the steps in this gearupwindows article. If you want, you can also use this post to remove the Recycle Bin from Windows 11.in this you will learn how to Hide and Display the Recycle Bin in Windows 11 PC and Laptop.
Only the Recycle Bin icon is not automatically displayed on the desktop in Windows 11. If you don’t see the Recycle Bin icon on your Windows 11 desktop, follow the steps below to restore it.
There could be other reasons why the Recycle Bin icon does not appear on your desktop. When you set your Desktop to hide all icons, all icons, including the Recycle Bin, are hidden. Make sure your desktop is showing icons before proceeding with the steps below.
Table of Contents:
What is Recycle Bin?
These files are not permanently deleted from Windows if the user deletes the content. It is instead saved in a folder called the Recycle Bin. As a result, the Recycle Bin is easily defined as a location to temporarily store deleted files. It has a variety of benefits and applications.
- 1: deleted files or folders are not deleted permanently, instead, stored in it.
- 2: if you have accidentally deleted any file or folder, it functions as a safe folder for you to retrieve the files back.
- 3: you can restore the deleted files to their original location.
- 4: the content remains there until you decide to remove them permanently.
- 5: if the space in your PC gets full, Windows automatically erases old files from the recycle bin to create more space.
How to Find Recycle Bin in Windows 11
find the Recycle Bin location in Windows 11 by following the ways given below:
- Desktop: When Windows 11 is installed, the Recycle Bin simply creates a shortcut on the desktop. You can access the deleted content by directly clicking on this shortcut.
- Using Run Prompt: If you can’t find the Recycle Bin folder on your desktop, use the Run command to locate it. To open the run command, press Windows and the R keys at the same time. Open an execution prompt, type “explorer.exe shell: RecycleBinFolder,” and press Enter.
- Using Windows 11 File Explorer: If you don’t have a Recycle Bin on your desktop, or if it’s difficult to access from the command line, you can use Windows Explorer to get to it. In most cases, the path to the Recycle Bin is My Computer > C Drive > Recycle Bin. Go to the Explorer address bar and type “Recycle Bin” to find the Windows 10 Recycle Bin.
How to Hide and Display the Recycle Bin in Windows 11 PC and Laptop
Except for the recycle bin icon, you can delete all system icons from the desktop. If you do not want the Recycle Bin to appear on the Windows 11 screen, or if you deleted it and want it to appear again. You can hide and unhide the Recycle Bin by following the steps below:
How to Hide the Recycle Bin in Windows 11
If you’re missing theRecycle Bin icon on your desktop in Windows 11, the steps below will show you how to restore it.
Step 1: Activate the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I keys on the keyboard at the same time.
Step 2: In the Settings window, select Personalization from the left side pane and then click on the Themes tab to the right.
Step 3: Select the Desktop icon settings option from the Related settings section.
Step 4: The Desktop Icon Settings window will now open. Remove the checkmark from the Recycle Bin checkbox. Finally, press the Apply and OK buttons.
This article demonstrated how to re-create the missing Recycle Bin icon on your desktop. Please use the comment form below if you find any errors or have anything to add.