In this article, you will learn all the steps of How to Install VMware Tools in Linux Mint. So, stay with us to the end of the post.
Linux Mint is a fine working framework, and contrasted with the other Linux distros it isn’t exceptionally hard and it is practically like the Windows clients. Indeed when Windows clients need to change from windows to Linux they certainly should attempt their Linux Mint or the Zorin OS.The explanation is that they are so much simple to chip away at contrasted with the remainder of the Linux distros.
I’m not saying that you need to introduce it right now on your genuine PC rather you should test it inside a virtual machine. At the point when you are happy with it then, at that point, introduce it on your principle PC. On the off chance that you don’t have a clue how to introduce Linux Mint inside the virtual machine follow the underneath guide.
How to Install VMware Tools in Linux Mint?
After the establishment of the Linux Mint inside the VMWare workstation ace or VMWare workstation player, you can see that the screen size isn’t fixed what’s more you can’t duplicate records from the fundamental PC into the virtual machine. All in all, the intuitive of records are not empowered between the host and the virtual machine. For this case, we should introduce the VMWare apparatuses to fix this issue.
Step #1. Go to the VM menu and choose Insert VMware Tools, after that wait a moment the VMware Tools will appear on the Desktop.
Step #2. Open the VMware Tools and copy the VMware Tools to the desktop, after that, extract it on the desktop.
Step #3. Open the extracted directory, right-click and choose open in terminal.
Step #4. Type sudo ./vmware-install.pl and press enter on the keyboard, after typing the command Terminal asks to insert your password, do it.
The current version of the Linux Mint that I am utilizing is the Linux Mint-20.2. While introducing VMware Tools, you will see that everything won’t be introduced naturally. All things considered, for everything, Terminal poses different inquiries, you simply press enter.
Here are all those questions that the terminal asks.
- In which directory do you want to install the binary files?
- What is the directory that contains the init directories (rc0.d/ to rc6.d/)?
- What is the directory that contains the init scripts?
- In which directory do you want to install the daemon files?
- In which directory do you want to install the library files?
- The path “/usr/lib/vmware-tools” does not exist currently. This program is going to create it, including needed parent directories. Is this what you want?
- In which directory do you want to install the common agent library files?
- In which directory do you want to install the common agent transient files?
- In which directory do you want to install the documentation files?
- The path “/usr/share/doc/vmware-tools” does not exist currently. This program is going to create it, including needed parent directories. Is this what you want? [yes]
- Before running VMware Tools for the first time, you need to configure it by invoking the following command: “/usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl”. Do you want this program to invoke the command for you now? [yes]
- The VMware Host-Guest Filesystem allows for shared folders between the host OS and the guest OS in a Fusion or Workstation virtual environment. Do you wish to enable this feature? [yes]
- The vmblock enables dragging or copying files between host and guest in a Fusion or Workstation virtual environment. Do you wish to enable this feature?
- Do you want to enable Guest Authentication (vgauth)? Enabling vgauth is needed if you want to enable Common Agent (caf). [yes]
- Do you want to enable Common Agent (caf)? [no]
Step #5. Subsequent to introducing every one of the VMware Tools, restart the working framework. when the VMWare apparatuses are introduced inside the Linux Mint, the screen size will fit itself as a matter of course. Presently, you can utilize the intuitive alternative to duplicate documents from the Linux Mint into your fundamental OS as well as the other way around.
That is pretty much everything on How to Install Vmware Tools in Linux Mint, I sure hope this post has helped you accomplish your goal.