This is something that every company says to their customers. This is where you can use the Virtual machine software to test the beta operating system, similar to macOS Big Sur. There are numerous virtual machine apps for Mac, but I will concentrate on VMWare Fusion in this article. The steps are simple, but it will take some time, a fast network connection, storage, and patience. To be more specific, I’m referring to how to download macOS Big Sur with and without a developer account. If you have both or neither, you can download macOS Big Sur using the assistant package tool. Following that, you will be on your way to creating the macOS Big Sur DMG file. Then create a New Virtual Machine and start installing macOS Big Sur. in this article you will learn how to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware Fusion with Ease steps.
- Step 1. Download macOS Big Sur
- Step 2. Create a macOS Big Sur DMG File
- Step 3. Download and Install VMware Fusion
- Step 4. Create a New Virtual Machine for macOS Big Sur
- Step 5. Install macOS Big Sur on VMware Fusion
Step 1. Download macOS Big Sur
Apple will release the final version of macOS Big Sur in October, after which it will be available for download from the App Store. The main issue for non-developers is figuring out how to download and install macOS Big Sur on their computer. Despite the fact that I have already written a post on How to Download and Install macOS Big Sur, You can go there even if you don’t have a developer account.
However, if you live in one of their world countries, downloading such a large file is difficult due to slow internet connections. As a result, we will soon upload the macOS big Sur DMG and ISO file, but because the upload takes time, I recommend you use the Assistant package. It includes the macOS big Sur, All you have to do is, install it and then on the applications directory you will see it.
Step 2. Create a macOS Big Sur DMG File
The macOS Catalina installer that you downloaded from the App Store or via the developer tool is all that is required. Even if you used the Assistant package installer, they are all the same as the macOS Big Sur Installer.
Because installing macOS Big Sur on VMware Fusion necessitates the creation of a DMG file, you should understand how to create a macOS Big Sur DMG file.
1:The first step is to ensure that the macOS Big Sur Installer is in the Applications directory.
- Launch Terminal.
- Apply the codes one by one on the Terminal.
Step 3. Download and Install VMware Fusion
To test macOS Big Sur, you must first download and install VMware Fusion on your computer. VMWare Fusion can be downloaded from VMware’s official website.
- Begin the installation by double-clicking the setup and then clicking on the VMware Fusion logo. Then, to proceed to the next step, enter your login password.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of VMWare fusion.
- If you have a license, type in the key, if not, choose the 30 days trial option which is pretty time for testing macOS Big Sur Beta 1.
- Choose to try VMware Fusion 11 and click continue.
- Decide to join the VMware community or not but I will uncheck it and move to the next step.
- If you see the message which says; VMWare fusion wants to access control system events… just choose OK.
- Then it will open the security and privacy just allow VMWare fusion theirs.
Step 4. Create a New Virtual Machine for macOS Big Sur
This is the step in which you will create a new VMware Fusion 11 virtual machine for macOS Big Sur. To begin, launch the newly installed VMware Fusion.
- Continue on the first window which is select the installation method.
- Address the macOS Big Sur dmg file which was created in step 2.
- Choose the operating system Apple OSX with a 10.15 version.
- If you want to customize the settings of the Virtual machine for macOS Big Sur, choose to customize settings.
- Once you click continue on the with the customization window, the settings of the macOS Big Sur will open. Choose hard disk and change the amount storage to 60 GB which is the minimum storage requirement of macOS Big Sur.
- Once you are done with the hard disk setting click on the play button to start the installation process.
Step 5. Install macOS Big Sur on VMware Fusion
The only significant aspect of installing macOS Big on VMware Fusion is the creation of the DMG file. All of the other steps are extremely simple, especially installing macOS Big Sur.
- hoose language.
- Choose Disk Utility.
- Choose the hard disk and erase that with APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- After the hard disk is erased; quit the window and move back to the recovery window, their choice Install macOS.
- Choose to continue> Agree> And select the drive which you just erased and wait until the system restarts.
- The other steps are choosing your region, language, creating a user account, express setup, sign in with Apple ID or a local account, and many more. I know you can pass them all, but Again I will upload the screenshot below in the gallery in case if you face any problem, just click on them to expand.
You can achieve anything you set your mind to as long as you believe in yourself. It took me three attempts to download and install it on VMWare, which is why I recommend you take things slowly every day and you will be able to install it soon.