Do you want to try and install macOS Monterey on Windows 11 or other Windows operating systems? in this article you will learn how to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows PC.
macOS Monterey is the next operating system that is currently in beta testing and will soon replace macOS Big Sur on Apple operating computers on the market. This operating system is very cool, and it has a tonne of new features, many of which are beneficial to developers looking to create something new. So, if you want to try out macOS Monterey on a real PC, you’ll need to either buy an Apple PC or build a Hackintosh from scratch. Now, both of these scenarios are expensive, and for that scenario, I propose a new idea, which is to install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on a Windows PC. Additionally, there is the scenario of, not liking the macOS Monterey, so, it is better to test it in a virtual machine than to buy a new PC and test it there.
- macOS Monterey
- Compatible devices with macOS Monterey
- How to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows PC
- Installing VirtualBox
- Installing VirtualBox Extension Pack
- Creating a New Virtual Machine on VirtualBox
- Configure Virtual machine Settings
- Running VirtualBox Code Using Command Prompt
- Starting the Created Virtual Machine
- Run VirtualBox Codes on CMD
- Performing Clean Installation of macOS Monterey
Apple launched the next version of macOS during its WWDC keynote, following the unveiling of iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS. In keeping with the California location-based theme it’s had since 2013, it’s been dubbed Monterey.
In Apple products, macOS Monterey (macOS 12) has replaced macOS Big Sur. Although there aren’t many changes in macOS 12, some significant updates and changes have already arrived. Its development team added some new features like general control, Airplay on Mac, shortcuts, 3D map layout, note updates, and so on.
Apple has introduced a new look and background for macOS Monterey (macOS 12). The new design incorporates edge curves and adds a new box to settings that require administrator access. You can use a single mouse for your iPad, iMac, and MacBook now that macOS Monterey (macOS 12) includes general-purpose controls. You can use a mouse as well as a keyboard and other devices.
The first beta of macOS Monterey (macOS 12) was made available to developers on June 9, 2021. Soon after, they will release a beta that can be tested without requiring a developer account. Also, keep in mind that the final version of macOS Monterey (macOS 12) will be available this fall, and that you can download and install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows PC.which I’ll show you stepwise below.
Compatible devices with macOS Monterey
According to Apple, not all Apple computers are compatible with macOS Monterey (macOS 12). The following Macs are compatible with macOS Monterey:
- 2015 and later MacBook
- Early 2015 and later MacBook Air
- Early 2015 and later MacBook Pro
- Late 2014 and later Mac mini
- Late 2015 and later iMac
- 2017 and later iMac Pro
- Late 2013 and later Mac Pro.
How to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Before installing macOS Monterey on the virtual machine, you must first download some files and software. So, the first step is to download VirtualBox, which is an open-source virtualization software, followed by downloading the VirtualBox codes to configure the VM. Finally, you’ll need to download the macOS Monterey ISO image, which you can get from the links below:
VirtualBox is a well-known tool for virtually installing an operating system on any system. It is recommended that you download and install the most recent version from the link provided above. Then begin the installation process by following the simple steps outlined below:
- Run the VirtualBox Setup
- Click Next on the Welcome page
- Click Next in the Custom Setup
- Select the way you want features to be installed and then click Next.
- Proceed with the installation by clicking Yes
- Click Install to begin the installation
Wonderful! To avoid freeing errors, the next step is to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack.
Installing VirtualBox Extension Pack
Besides installing the VirtualBox Extension Pack, you can resolve the mouse and keyboard issues and avoid their errors. You must have already downloaded the file, and you must begin the installation by following the steps outlined below.
- Click on Extension and then click on the Plus icon
- Open Oracle_VM that you already downloaded
- Click install and Agree to the License
Creating a New Virtual Machine on VirtualBox
Now you need to create a new virtual machine on the VirtualBox in order to install macOS Monterey. Follow the following simple steps to create it.
- Open VirtualBox and Click on the New icon
- Give a name to your machine and then click on Expert Mode
- Maximize the RAM size at least to 4 GB (4096 MB) for better performance and click Next
- Click on Create to create a new virtual hard disk now
- Select hard disk file type as VDI
- Select Dynamically allocated and click Next
- Choose the File Location and maximize the size of the Hard Disk to 120 GB and finally click Create
Configure Virtual machine Settings
While the virtual machine was successfully created for macOS Monterey. Therefore, for a better and speed performance of the installation you need to customize and bring few changes to the virtual machine settings. In that case, select the created virtual machine and click on the Settings option on the top menu bar.
When the settings window opened from the left-handed side choose the “System” tab, and on the motherboard bar deselect the Floppy disk.
Select the Processor tab and increase the number of processors up to 4.
Select the Display tab, and increase the number of Display up to 128MB.
Select the Storage tab, select the Empty icon, then click on the blue disk icon and choose/Create a virtual optical disk.
Now click on Add.
Select the macOS Monterey ISO Image file and click on Open.
Once the macOS Monterey ISO image is inserted click on Choose to add it on Virtual Machine.
Select the USB tab, and from the list select the USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller option then click OK.
Running VirtualBox Code Using Command Prompt
To avoid errors such as -cpuidset, you must run the VirtualBox Code, which also modifies the VM as an Apple product. Furthermore, using cod will enable many Mac features on the VM.
It is important to exit VirtualBox completely before running the code. Click on the file in the top right corner, then click Exit to remove VirtualBox from your system’s background.
After exiting VirtualBox, open the VirtualBox Codes you downloaded from the link above and replace “VM Name” with the Virtual Machine Name you previously created.
After you’ve replaced the VM names with the newly created VM machine, launch CMD as administrator. Then, copy the code from the VirtualBox code and paste it into the CMD line as a line. If you don’t see any errors in this step, it means you ran the code successfully.
Starting the Created Virtual MachineRun VirtualBox Codes on CMD
The newly created virtual machine is now ready for use. In this step, you launch the newly created virtual machine or macOS Monterey and begin the installation process by following the instructions below.
- Open the VirtualBox and Power on the created machine.
- Select your preferred language
- Select Disk Utility and Continue
- Click View> All Devices
- Choose the Drive where you want to install the macOS on then Erase the disk by clicking on Erase
- Give a name to your Drive and change the format to APFS, make sure the scheme is on Guide Partition Map, and click Erase. After Erasing quit the Disk Utility page.
- In the next step choose Install macOS 12 Bet and click Continue.
- Agree to the term and conditions.
- Select the Created drive and click Continue.
Performing Clean Installation of macOS Monterey
You will perform a clean installation of macOS Monterey on a Windows-PC. After restarting the newly created VM, proceed with the following steps for a clean installation.
- Select your country and click Continue in the written and spoken languages.
- In the Accessibility features click Not Now
- Click Next in Data and Privacy when an Apple features ask for your personal information
- Click Not Now in the Migration Assistant
- Set up Later your Apple ID
- Agree to the Term and Conditions
- Create a Computer Account by typing your name and password
- Click Continue on the location services page
- Set up later the Screen Time
- You can tick to enable the Ask Siri feature
- Choose your look from the 3 given option.
Now you have successfully installed macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows- PC. If you face any error or issue in the installation process.
- How to Create macOS Monterey USB Installer for Hackintosh
- How to Install VMware Tools on macOS Monterey
- How to Download Easily macOS Monterey Torrent File in latest version